MENORRHAGIA means excessive blood loss during menstruation in amount or duration. Menstrual period that lasts for more than seven days and heavy bleeding during menses which may interfere with your daily activities is menorrhagia.
- Uterine fibroid – It is a benign (non cancerous) growth from the muscular layer of the uterus.
- I. U. C. D. (Intra uterine contraceptive device e.g. Cu T). This is the most common cause of menorrhagia.
- Ovarian cysts - Ovarian cysts are fluid filled sacs which develop in the ovaries. Also known as functional cysts. Mostly they are benign in nature.
- P.C.O.D- (Poly cystic ovarian disease) – It is an endocrinal disorder where multiple cysts are formed in the ovaries .The ovaries are enlarged and produce excess amount of oestrogen and androgen hormones.
- Hormonal imbalance – Certain diseases such as hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism cause menorrhagia.
- Salpingo- oophrites – Inflammation of fallopian tubes and ovaries.
- Pelvic endometrioses - (Endometrium is the inner lining of the uterine cavity) When endometrium is found outside the uterus on other pelvic organs, it causes severe pelvic pain, menstrual irregularities, heavy bleeding etc.
- Vitamin K deficiency
- Ectopic pregnancy(pregnancy develops inside the fallopian tubes), miscarriage may cause menorrhagia
- Cancer – Uterine cancer, cervical cancer can cause menorrhagia.
- Medications – Anti coagulants and anti inflammatory drugs can cause menorrhagia.
- Other medical conditions – Chronic hypertension, heart disease with congestive failure, chronic nephrites, severe anemia, blood disorders may cause heavy bleeding.
- Genetic disorders may give rise to menorrhagia
- Emotional stress may also give rise to menorrhagia
- Treatment depends upon your medical history, investigations and the cause of menorrhagia. One should have a BALANCED DIET to treat anemia and vitamin deficiencies. ADEQUATE REST if bleeding interferes with your daily activities.
AVOID ANTI INFLAMMATORY AND ANTICOAGULANT DRUGS.
RELAX YOUR MIND THROUGH YOGA, MEDITATION.
HOMEOPATHIC MANAGEMENT OF RESPIRATORY TRACT DISORDERS
In Homoeopathy, we take into account the mental symptoms. Every woman is different. For example, some women weep easily, if we console them they feel better, whereas some of them get angry when we go to console them. You may wonder what it has to do with menorrhagia or metorrhagia. Along with the cause of the disease, mental symptoms are also considered and after taking a detail case history, a Homoeopathic medicine is prescribed which helps the patient.
ACNE VULGARIS ALLERGIC RHINITIS ACUTE BRONCHITIS CHRONIC BRONCHITIS BRONCHIAL ASTHMA DEPRESSION PEPTIC ULCER RENAL CALCULI MENORRHAGIA PRE MENSTRUAL SYNDROME UTERINE FIBROID MENOPAUSE HOMOEOPATHIC CURE FOR WOMEN AND CHILDREN HAIR LOSS (ALOPECIA) CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS SKIN DISORDERS - ACNE ECZEMA PSORIASIS LICHEN PLANUS WARTS HYPERPIGMENTATION WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAMME CALCULATE YOUR B.M.I